MCDFNL Current Covid-19 Update as of August 26th
The executive met last night with a purpose of outlining a way forward for the remainder of the 2021 MCDFNL season, providing we can return to football and netball. The executive has determined the deadline for our season is the weekend of October 2nd/3rd and the decision has been made that we will be ending the home and away season as it currently stands and planning for a top 6 finals series for those current top 6 sides.
The following scenarios and contingency plans were confirmed:
- 4/9/21 & 5/9/21 Qualifying Finals
- 11/9/21 & 12/9/21 Preliminary Finals
- 18/9/21 Grand Final
- 11/9/21 & 12/9/21 Qualifying Finals
- 18/9/21 & 19/9/21 Preliminary Finals
- 24/9/21 Grand Final
- 18/9/21 & 19/9/21 Qualifying Finals
- 24/9/21 & 25/9/21 Preliminary Finals
- 2/10/21 Grand Final
If we are not able to return to play as of the 18th of September – The executive will determine whether the MCDFNL recedes to a top 4 or top 2 finals series.